So, I bought my first Clover Pom Pom Maker. I must admit I have never made a pom pom until now and I’m sure glad I bought a maker!
Upon opening the package though, I was quite baffled on how to use it. LOL I looked at the instructions on the back of the package and I couldn’t for the life of me figure out just how to use it. I had to look it up on YouTube to see if I could figure it out and thankfully someone had a video tutorial on it. If you’d like to see the video, it’s by LoomaHat.com.
Here’s how I did it:
I used the Clover Pom Pom Maker #85 for this project.
1. Open up the arms.
2. Wrap yarn over and over until you feel it’s full. The more yarn wrapped, the fuller your pom pom will be.
3. Keep wrapping the yarn to the other arm.
4. Close arms and cut through the groove with very sharp scissors.
5. Use a piece of yarn and tie off in the center. Make sure to make it real tight so the yarn doesn’t come out.
6. Open up both arms.
7. Gently pull one side off, then the other and…..you’ve got a pom pom!
8. Even out the the pom pom by snipping off uneven pieces of yarn all around. Leave the yarn that you tied it off with to attach to your project. Walaa!!! You’ve made your own pom pom. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
I absolutely love these pom pom makers! I don’t think my pom poms would have turned out this nice had I tried to use a cardboard to make it with. LOL I’m just not that talented. But with these makers, there’s no end to the possibilities!