I have 3 wonderful doggies, Kylie, Dudley and Jethro (aka Big Jet) and they absolutely love these Bacon Treats. I found it online about a year ago and I’m sad to say that I have no idea which site I got the recipe from. Lesson learned: make sure to note where I get my recipes from. So, if it’s you…let me know so that I can give you proper credit for these wonderful treats.
My daughter loves to cook/bake with me. Making doggie treats is her favorite and even has her own rolling pin and dough cutter.
So, we start off with 6 ingredients.
1 1/4 cups fat free milk
1 tablespoon honey
4 tablespoons bacon fat (my doggies especially love this part-they get a taste of bacon in every bite!)
1/4 cup chopped bacon
3 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1. Make sure to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the egg, milk, honey, bacon fat and bacon.
3. Stir in the whole wheat flour until fully incorporated.
4. Knead the dough until combined.
5. Roll the dough onto a lightly floured surface until the desired thickness. I usually roll until they’re about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
6. Using a pizza cutter, cut out strips in both directions to make little squares in your desired size. (Kylie likes it very small, so I make sure I cut small ones).
7. Line the squares on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.
8. Cool completely before serving.
9. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I take out a small amount everyday so that the treats are at room temperature when it’s treat time.
Happy baking….Happy Dogs!